Friday, December 30, 2011

stress

I've been thinking  alot about stress lately and how people cope with it differently, and I've realized I have got to have one of the stupidest ways to handle stress EVER.
It started my junior year in college I went to school in south Louisiana oh yeah TO effing hurricanes hit my school in its wonderment while closed for almost two months of the fall semester decided to reopen for classes but they extended class times and gave you five minutes to get between classes this was made harder by the fact that temporary building were set up to take the place of those damaged or destroyed. Now what made this harder was 1 my dorm with all my books was condemned, 2 there was really no place to get food or sleep. It sucked Soo during this crap when after a month I finally had a dorm room again my mom sent a care package in it was Pride and Prejudice the A&E version six hour long movie played on a loop through out the rest of the semester. Which by the end of the semester I've never been around a grumpier group of people in my life, and that is putting it very mildly. LOL
Come grad school my thesis advisor and the entire department were totally against women I would think I was being dramatic if their were not five other girls in the year along with me pulling their hair and crying while the men got to go to the teachers houses and get help writing their effing thesis NOT EFFING COOL!!!! Not that I'm still angry or anything NO not a bit;)
It was then that I discovered the books written around around the P&P World Continuations Alterations and the Fan fiction anytime I felt like going to the department head with a bat I pulled out a book. It calmed me down made me realize that a well placed whooops in his work I was the bastards graduate assistant was a better option. Ahhhhh silent revenge is better than jail.
Its continued on after my accident Amazon was busy though I don't remember a single word I read and I kept muttering about the blue lady (My sisters fault as she put Farscape on my computer and I drooled and watched and hallucinated)
So my point is find your pointless way to relax sometimes they can rock and save you from serious jail time :) Cheers

1 comment:

  1. So. What was your thesis about? (Yep. That's what I'm focused on.)

    ReplyDelete