Friday, June 29, 2012

How Squeek Came to Live With Us

One day I stopped at a different pet store than usual as I walked I heard them say "Well it will just have to be put down" Immediatly I charged over intent on finding out what IT was They were standind in front of an aquarium with two rabbits in it. I was heart sick. I asked which of the two they were putting down. They were suspicious why I wanted to know so I said I was looking into rabbits. They moved over and pointed to a soft brown rabbit in the corner with a foot pointing ing the wrong direction he was just lying down. I said let me take the rabbit it will save you the expense. They said no if I wanted the rabbit I had to pay THE NERVE THE ASSHOLES FINE so i went up paid thirty dollars then they said they couldnt let me leave without pellets and hay I told them I ran a rescue and didnt need these things they said these are the rules you understand so 15 more dolloars for the tiniest bit of hay i have ever seen and we were out of there When they transfered squeek into the box i held him for a sec he scrabbled like his life depended on it I thought oh dear he hates me and good he has some life in him They put him in this huge box with holes in it I got to the car. Realized the vet should be the first place we go Now I hated the thought of him in that box but our first encounter had not gone so well. Also a wild rabbit lose in the car not a goodidea when you dont have a spare arm to catch him. I though then I made a soft bed out of my winter coat and a sort of a net so he could not fall and let the rabbit out on the coat on the passenger side seat. He looked at me like what the hell I looked at him like I dont know He was tiny tiny I had never owned ANYTHING this tiny CRAP So to the vet we went the vet was thirty minutes away we drove squeek looked around slept I panicked Got to vet the vet said he was under nurished DUH and his leg was broken DUH but that it had started to heal funny and it had happened to early in his life with no treatment for us to do anythiing but help him deal with it SO NOT A DYING RABBIT SWOONS WITH RELIEF HE also tells me sqeek can never have a wire botton cage he grins at this knowing this is all I have at home cause angoras cants have anything but wire bottom cage *bangs head on table* He tells me the foot will be prone to all sorts of problems since the SOB'S that had him did not take him to the vet The vet also proclaims him cute as a bug and tells him to visit I LOVE MY VET SO squeek cant go home yet poor guy we stop at sonic and get drinks the car hop screams thinks he's a mouse HE hops in my lap like ya know this is kinda fun Next we go to pet shop two a place where they don't kill bunnies with squeek in my purse so he can approve the home All the hutches look small My goras have 6ft be 4ft cages to rest in WTF are these little things But squeek is a bit smaller vet weighed him at just over 1pd said he is about done growing All the horror stories about rabbits in small hutches fly through my mind I get an associate ask him to look in my purse I think he is about to call security before the purse moves I show him squeek ask him what size hutch he shows me this TINY thing Im like really (squeek and I turn scepptical eyes on the dude) Then we see it it's HUGE like not sure it will ever fit into my car HUGE it has a treat slide and a bell and a hidey whole both our eyes widen its amazing its a sultans palace The dude tries to convice us this could hold an army of squeeks What does he know Its awesome I tell squeek if we but this this day will take months to pay off to pay off on the credit card he looks at me in a way that clearly says but this is your job we also but treats and him a little harness so he can strengthen his leg All in all my little rescue bun was EXPENSIVE WE still go on weekly rides cause squeek thiinks the car is awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment